Lakeland is located between Tampa and Orlando along Interstate 4. The population of Lakeland is just over 100,000 persons.
The Lakeland Center is one of Florida’s most historic venues and serves as one of Central Florida’s premier convention, conference, banquet, meeting and entertainment destinations.
Conveniently located a short drive from Tampa or Orlando and two international airports, The Lakeland Center features a multi-purpose (curtained) 8500-seat arena, two 25,000 sq. ft. exhibit halls, a 2,300 seat Broadway theatre and meeting rooms. With over 100,000 sq ft of available space, the venue can accommodate a wide variety of events from 10 to 10,000 persons.
Scope of Services for Executive Search
The Lakeland Center – Director
• Develop a position profile for the position.
• Contact key leaders in industry across the nation to build candidate pool.
• Identify high probability prospects and conduct follow up with those prospects.
• Place advertisements in appropriate professional publications (trade magazines, newsletters, social media, etc.) as approved. City will reimburse actual costs of advertisements.
• Receive, track, and maintain all inquiries and applications.
• Conduct evaluations of candidates from submitted resumes.
• Conduct telephone interviews with potential candidates to focus on knowledge, skills, and abilities related to position
• Provide periodic updates regarding the progress of the search(es), as frequently as desired.
• Provide City with a list of no more than 12 recommended candidates for consideration in determining short list. Provide verbal briefing of each candidate on relevant issues related to qualifications and fit with position.
• Assist city in developing a short list of no more than 6 candidates recommended for interviews.
• Assist in preparation of recommended interview questions and of the interview process.
• Conduct full character checks with standard references, as well as non
provided reference checks.
• Schedule on-site interview with short list of finalists
• Assist with interviewing process as required
GFS Associates Involved:
- Mich Sauers
- Barry Strafacci
- Lane Miller
282 S. Massachusetts Avenue
Lakeland, Florida 33801