An industry veteran with over 40 years experience working with start-ups, vendors, VCs, management companies, teams and venues in the live sports and entertainment industry.
Summary of Accomplishments
- President & CEO of New Era Tickets. Grew revenues over 11,000% while President, launched an international division based in Singapore and started a second business unit (FanOne Marketing) that grew top line revenue over 45% in fiscal ‘14.
- President and Partner of Globe Information Systems. Grew the business to 300 clients worldwide. My partners and I sold the business in 1995.
- Managed the International business unit of a software/hardware solutions provider with offices in Australia, United Kingdom, Germany, and The Netherlands that launched the first Internet ticket sales business in the world.
- Vice President of Business Development for a software company with the responsibility of raising funds in a private placement. Raised over $5 million and ultimately sold the business for a multiple of 8x revenue.
- Extensive experience managing worldwide sales organizations that continually exceeded sales targets.
Patron Solutions, LP d/b/a New Era Tickets 11/2001 to 6/2014
President & CEO
New Era Tickets, a division of Comcast-Spectacor, provides ticketing services and digital marketing solutions to sports and entertainment organizations throughout North America and South East Asia. The company empowers organizations to create their own ticketing brand in their market, establish retail outlets, and also manages a high capacity call center.
Tickets.com, Inc. 04/1999 to 05/2001
Costa Mesa, California
Tickets.com, a division of Major League Baseball Advanced Media (MLBAM), is a leading source of entertainment tickets, event information, and related products and services. While with the company I worked with a number of business units including sales, international management, and new business development.
Select Technologies, Inc. 01/1998 to 04/1999
Syracuse, New York
Vice President Business Development
Select was a privately held company that developed and marketed software products for entertainment venues. The company had over 2,000 customers in ten countries. During my time with Select I assisted in the design of the product strategy for a new Internet based service. My responsibilities included international expansion, fund raising, M&A activities, and strategic alliance development. I was a member of the team that negotiated the sale of the company to Tickets.com for a multiple in excess of 8x revenues.
Independent Consultant 03/1996 to 01/1998
For approximately two years I operated my own consulting practice and worked directly with the Presidents and/or owners of the companies that retained my services. My responsibilities included competition analysis, product positioning, international market development, new product launch, and various M&A activities. At the end of 1998 I closed down my practice and accepted a full time position with Select Technologies, one of my consulting clients.
Lasergate Systems, Inc. 03/1995 to 03/1996
Vice President, Sales and Marketing
Lasergate was a publicly traded software development company selling to entertainment facilities worldwide. This position was a one-year contract that came about as a result of the sale of GIS Systems to Lasergate.
GIS Systems, Ltd. 06/1979 to 03/1995
President – Partner
GIS was a software development company selling to entertainment facilities around the world. The company had over three hundred clients with annual sales of $5,000,000. In addition to operating GIS my partners and I also owned other businesses that were sold for over $11,000,000. GIS was sold to Lasergate Systems in 1995 and as part of the transaction I agreed to a one-year consulting contract.
Philadelphia 76ers 08/1974 to 06/1979
Director, Sales and Marketing
The 76ers are a professional basketball team in the National Basketball Association (NBA). For six seasons I was in charge of all sales and marketing activities of the organization. My responsibilities included ticket sales, TV, radio and print media buys and liaison with the advertising agency and network television provider (CBS).
Saint Joseph’s University – Philadelphia, PA
United States, Italy, Ireland, Canada, United Kingdom, Belgium, Germany, The Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, Malaysia, Singapore, Hong Kong, Argentina